I Heart Bargains debuted on Channel Seven’s The Morning Show with Larry Emdur & Kylie Gillies recently.
If you missed it, I was really keen on sharing best bargain tips and making sure you’re being slightly frugal in 2013!
1. Make a list and stick to it – there’s nothing worse than getting home and you actually forgot to pick up the one item you went shopping for. Also, do you sometimes splurge and then not even wear the item? Hmmm….
2. Subscribe to your favourite retailer’s e-newsletters – so many VIP discounts and you’ll find out before everybody else does!
3. Browse the sales section (online and in stores) before the full price section. You might just find what you’re looking for there.
4. Ask for a discount instore. Have you ever done this. Sometimes you might get 20%. I’m not saying walk into a major department store and demand 50% off a dress just because you like it however asking for a discount when you’re shopping local or when you’re purchasing a massive amount of product is warranted! You’d be surprised how many shops say yes.
5. Don’t be sucked in by marketing. 10-15% off is not a bargain. Personally, I look for items that have been slashed by 50%+ off the RRP. And even then it’s really good to take a calculator shopping with you to work out the dollar value off.
Oh and can’t forget to let you know what I was wearing a dress that was $49.95 from Glassons. It’s a tangerine lace.
Watch the full segment here!