By Chief Bargain Hunter Chelsea Thomas
I’m not sure whether you are aware however you have the power to vote for your favourite small business in this year’s StarTrack #ORIAS16 People’s Choice Award. It’s an award put forward to back and celebrate Australia’s favourite online retailers. Simple.
And you all know how much I adore a small business. Their products. Their creativeness and willingness to give it a go. And always, their story. that’s what I’m usually attracted to the most.
I have pulled together my top 9 online retailers who I’m keeping an eye on at the moment. I hope all of them will be in the running to win the StarTrack #ORIAS16 People’s Choice Award.
You can vote for your favourite online retailer here. It’s only a listing – it takes literally 30 seconds. Voting closes 31 May 2016.
- Black Milk Clothing. Hot, patterned leggings are their signature. Bright is their thing. This brand is a breathe of fresh air amongst the ‘black fashion’ that we get so wound up in, in Melbourne. 2.
- Thank you Australia. I’m not sure whether you know Thank You’s incredible business story. It’s a business story as much as it is a personal journey for Dan Flynn, the Founder, alongside wife Justine. They make water, food and body care products and give 100% of the profits to helping people in need. I saw him speak at an event last year and he BLEW my mind. Could not stop talking about it and thinking about their courage as a new brand. His story and their passion to do something good with a pretty overwhelming idea that started like any other small business. With lots of knock backs and doors closing in their faces. They fought so hard, and with such vigour, that they had to be my number one online retailer. Oh and I am OBSESSED with their hand wash / moisturiser.
3. Pillow Talk Australia – gorgeous homewares. And an amazing array of bed linen, pillowcases (duh?) and fabulous doona covers. Pillow Talk have been growing in the Instagram world for the last couple of months, spreading their wings to make sure we all have a good night’s sleep.
4. Hanellei – this brand caught my eye recently. Beautiful pieces. At incredible prices. The layout of the site is fresh and easy to use. And when I’m shopping I need it to be easy, and affordable. It’s an Australian store and they’re shipping gorgeous things to girls all around the world!
5. Carry My Baby – one of my girlfriends purchased a baby carrier from this website and I was really impressed. Sometimes with these carriers, the babies look uncomfortable but her little bub was snug as a bug. Definitely worth a squizz.
6. StyleTread. If you’re needing a new pair of kicks, I always check out the sale section of Styletread. They have a multitude of great brands under their umbrella from flats to heels. The browsing capabilities make it easy to shop.
7. My Little Sweet Room I discovered this brand through my Homewares editor, Kirra Bell (@K_bloves) who always knows the new and up and comers when it comes to gorgeous, kids brands and homewares creatives. I adored their very affordable range of baby care. The change table mat and storage are my faves.
8. Shoeddiction good quality, wallet-friendly heels and flats for all of us girls who like to look great but not pay the big bucks for it. They focus on a smaller range of shoes that wear well. I have two pairs and always get comments. A great online experience too.
9. Harley Quinn And Co I’ve always been a fan of brands that help to make your walls come to life. Erin from Harley Quinn & Co has worked to keep her designs relevant and simple. It’s small businesses like this that help others to find their inspiration points. Big ticks for styling too. Her Instagram (@harleyquinnandco) is a wonderland for girls like you and me.
The below pic is a collab that Erin has produced, alongside some other amazing talent, to help raise money for UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. You can shop the prints here.
This content is sponsored by StarTrack. All of these words are 100% my own, and the wonderful opinions about these businesses should be held high. They’re doing an incredible job!